Work from home is a new normal after Covid waves hit the world from 2020-22. Even though most offices have opened for offline work, most people are still working from home. Today I am going to round up some things you can do while you are at home.
Everything has went from being physical to virtual. New technology has helped a lot during this tough time but eventually have turned ourselves into machines. But that doesn’t mean we will stop doing the things we used to do. Isn’t it?
- Write your thoughts on a diary or social media – This is the most effective way, believe me. I prefer writing online as it helps me to gain followers and subscribers on my page. But at the same time, I am able to share my thoughts and ease my mind.
- Whip up a new recipe. Order less online and cook new recipes on your own. I tried cooking Cheese Chicken Masala. I am thinking of writing the process in a separate blog. For starters, I would suggest the website: Simply Recipes.
- Start a new podcast channel. Most of the time, I am recording something or the other and posting it on Spotify. I am leaving the link to my Spotify account. The language is in Bengali. Sorry English readers!
- Paint a picture. You don’t need to be a professional to paint a picture or a portrait. You can buy a digital painting tablet on Amazon and create digital paintings. It’s not going to cost you any paper or money. Softwares are available for free (paid as well).
- Visit Orphanage / Old Age Homes. You should try this once in a while. Covid has decreased the access to old age homes and orphanage. As a result they do not get new visitors and new people to talk to. Start an initiative. Take them on a tour bus in the city and let them roam free in a park.
- Play Online Games. When I say this, people often get confused with multiplayer games. To me, I would like to spend time on things which gives me something in return. If you are playing online games which has no return value, then you are just wasting your time. I came across two websites calculators.org and plays.org. They offer multiple games and at the same time, you get to learn something from it. If you have small kids at your home, I would suggest the website calculators.org because it offers math games and have different levels to it.
- Read books. Even if you are not a bookworm, you can go to local book stalls or maybe visit a book fair and buy some books and read them. Believe me, they give you a different experience when you read with interest. I am not talking about science books lol! 😀
- Plan a trip with your friends. I know most of the plans fail because there is always someone in the group who cancels at the very last minute. But, you should plan a trip and go on weekends. If you are not happy with your life, then there is a need to change your schedule!
- Clean your room. While this is one of the most boring things to do, but this can be interesting if you are trying to organize the things in your room and give it a studio touch.
I tried my best to list those points which are easy to do and fun to watch and has something to learn as well! Do let me know in the comments section if you like to know the way I cooked Cheese Chicken Masala!