Nivedita Basu of ‘Kasautii Zindagi Kay’ is raising the mercury level with her hotness. While our eyes are glued to the twists coming up it’s way in the serial, we caught Pooja Banerjee (Nivedita Basu) for a quick chitchat.
- Ma’am first of all a big congratulations ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ is consistently toping the TRP chart. How you feel being a part of this iconic mega series?
Pooja~ I feel blessed to be a part of the show and the kind of ratings we are getting, only makes us feel that our hardwork is been appreciated and makes us work all the more harder.
- When this offer came to you what was your first thought?
Pooja~ My first thought was how will I look like Nivedita Basu?! Because I had to look mature and carry the Bengali look with a difference. That kept running in my mind and I decided to give it a try and make it look authentic.
- Initially Nivedita was a negative character. Do you think it’s more challenging to portray a negative role?
Pooja ~ It is indeed demanding to play a negative character since it takes a lot of an actors’ energy as obviously no body in real life is this hyper and mean. So in order to be mean it is demanding mentally.
- Nivedita’s style statement has created a new trend. What you wanna say about it?
Pooja~ I want to say thanks to everyone for loving the character even though my character isn’t lovable and for showering so much of love for Nivi and for following my trends. Also, I would like to take the credit for this one since I along with my creative team took a lot of effort to make Nivi stand out.
- Are you choosy when it comes to your costumes?
Pooja ~ I’m extremely choosy and I reject so many of my sarees and jewelleries. But the team knows that my choice is good (winks).
- You share an unique bond of friendship with Erica and Shubhaavi. Can you share any special memory of you three with us?
Pooja~ Umm there have been many, but the initial days of Kasautii last year were the most memorable as we all used to stay together and be there for each other.
- We’ve heard that your makeup room is decorated with cute stuffs. Is it for stress relief?
Pooja ~ It’s because how I am in my real life. I want everything to be full of colours since I’m myself a very colourful person, in short a happy person. I have on other hand kept my own house very simple and basic.
- What twists are we going to see in Nivedita’s life in the upcoming episodes? Can you give us a sneak peek?
Pooja ~ That you’ll have to wait and watch!
- One line to describe the following characters (from Pooja’s perspective and not from Nivedita’s)-
1. Anurag- a great person
2. Prerna- sacrifices everything for others
3. Anupam- fun loving person like me (laughs)
4. Komolika- full of vengeance
5. Mr. Bajaj- smart middle aged guy
- Any message for your fans?
Pooja ~ Keep loving us and our show and thank you for all the love and appreciation. It means a lot.
By Payal Roy