It’s been over a decade since our favorite sitcom ended and we still can’t get enough of it. It’s been with us through all the up’s and down’s and all the pizzas and low-fat ice-creams (because honey, when you’re screwed this often, you got to switch to low fat) and if that’s not reason enough, here are a few more.
- “I’ll Be There For You” : If the theme song to a sitcom is this great, you can be sure that you’re spending your time watching the right kind of show.
- Central Perk: Admit it, we’ve all wanted to hang out in the legendary coffee-house and sit on the orange couch with our friends, doing absolutely nothing all day.
- All the crazy our Friends have done: Done something that’s keeping you awake? Don’t worry, we bet it isn’t as ridiculous as any of these. You’re still as awesome as our six favourite people.
- Smelly Cat: You can have as many award winning songs as you like, but nothing compares to Phoebe’s wonderful and amazingly weird creations.
- All the love that there is: Whether it is Ross and Rachel, Monica and Chandler, Phoebe and Mark or Joey and food, each relationship is simply, “OH.MY.GOD!”
- The Apartment: We cannot blame Joey and Chandler for wagering the life of those adorable chick and duck for an apartment as magnificent as this.
- Chandler’s sarcasm: The show wouldn’t be half as good as it is without Mr. Chandler Muriel Bing entertaining us with his wit and charm.
- The weddings: We did have a lot of those thanks to Ross.
- “How you doin’?”: We’ve all used Joey’s catchy pick up line at some point in our life.
- The extraordinary character developments: Remember how in the beginning Rachel was a spoilt sorority-girl, Monica an obsessive control-freak, Chandler afraid of commitments, Joey a struggling actor, Ross a geek with a 9-year-old crush and Phoebe a homeless person with an evil twin and a mother who killed herself?
Well, they ended up doing pretty well for themselves. What better to motivate us than these incredible people?