Bengal is a place which is not only famous for its tradition, films, enriched culture but also for its snow-capped peaks, exotic beaches, lush green forests, varieties of wildlife, thriving tea gardens, meandering and winding rivers, the world’s largest mangrove forest and Sunderban Delta. All these make the eastern part of India a perfect honeymoon destination. The honeymoon places which pop up on our mind while taking the name of Bengal are:
1) Darjeeling– Darjeeling is surrounded by the Himalayas. It has Mt Kanchenjunga in its backdrop. The majestic and mysterious Darjeeling is a perfect destination for travel enthusiasts and also for honeymoon. Darjeeling is also called the “Queen of Hills” and it fulfills the utmost crave of traveling among tourists especially among couples. The other worth watching places of Darjeeling are Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Rafting in the River Teesta, Toytrain ride, Ghoom Monastery, Rock Garden, the Tea Gardens, Batasia Loop, Darjeeling Mall and so on.
2) Mirik– Mirik is one of the best honeymoon spots for couples. The Mirik Lake in Mirik is the biggest natural lake and couples can enjoy pedal boat riding in the lake.
3) Kurseong– Kurseong is famous for its natural beauty and trekking facilities. The soothing greenery and the comforting weather is one of the beautiful destinations of Bengal.
4) Kalimpong– The magnificent Kalimpong is another destination which has serenic beauty and a cozy weather. Spots to be visited in Kalimpong can be Deolo Hill, Neora Valley National Park.
5) Lava– Lava is 34 kilometers away from Kalimpong and is famous for a Buddhist Monastery located on top of the hill. Couples visit the monastery to seek blessings and also can experience the view of the town from the top.
6) Loleygaon– Loleygaon is a breathtakingly beautiful forest 25 kilometers away from Kalimpong . It is infested with wild animals and varieties of flora and fauna. It has a wooden bridge which is needed to cross in order to get deep into the forest. And while walking through the bridge it is said to cover the body and heads as leeches fall from the trees in vibration of footsteps on the bridge. Couples can enjoy a brisk walk on the bridge.
7) Rishop– It is trekking route from Lava. It is a small village amidst the greenish nature. The small wooden cottages surrounded by the hills is one of the most romantic honeymoon destinations.
8) Sandakphu– Sandakphu is the highest peak of West Bengal. The snowcapped beauty of Kanchenjunga looks magical from Sandakphu. The best view of Kanchenjunga can be seen from here and the centre of the Kanchenjunga viewed from here is called “ SLEEPING BUDDHA” or “SLEEPING SHIVA” as it seems like a human being who is sleeping by keeping his hands on his chest. The charming sight of Kanchenjunga makes it one of the famous honeymoon destinations.
9) Digha– Located in the Purba Medinipur district of West Bengal, Digha is also a lovely honeymoon place for the couples. Varieties of mouthwatering fishes and other sea foods are available here. Enjoying the sea in each other’s arms and drinking coconut water give an unique happiness to the couples.
10) Mandarmani Beach– Mandarmani beach is one of those beaches where couples can enjoy beach hopping and walk hand in hand enjoying the sunrise as well as the sunset.
11) Sunderbans– The ideal place for the wildlife lovers and adventure lovers. The Royal Bengal Tigers, the ride in the canoes, the vast mangrove forest with enough flora and fauna attract the couples.
12) Duars– Last but not the least Duars is an in absolute paradise for the wildlife lovers . Duars in Assamese means “ DOORS” which is a gateway to Bhutan . The aromatic tea garden , the Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary, Buxa National Park, Gorumara National Park, Chapramari Wildlife Reserve will give the couples a thrilling experience.